Sponsorship opportunities at Cowdray
- Tournament Sponsorship
- Product Placements
- Day Sponsorship
- Enduring Sponsorship
Cowdray Park Polo Club is recognized worldwide as the Home of British Polo, competitive polo first being played at Cowdray in 1910. Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the 16,500 acre estate of the Viscount Cowdray, the club projects a refined country house image, understated and quietly elegant.
Since 1956 the club has been the venue for the British Open Polo Championships, one of the top three tournaments in the world. The three week tournament attracts a huge following of polo aficionados, many coming from overseas to see the crème de la crème of High Goal action as the world's leading players battle for the Gold Cup, the most coveted trophy in the sport. The Gold Cup for the British Open has been sponsored since 1995 by champagne house Veuve Clicquot.
Whilst the Gold Cup tournament is undoubtedly the busiest period, there are many opportunities for sponsorship throughout the entire polo season, which opens at the beginning of May and closes at the end of September with some 20 tournaments being played annually. Polo is played every weekend, Bank Holiday Monday and most weekdays.
All tournaments carry a sponsorship fee and the opportunity for the sponsor to provide the prizes (possibly their own goods) to winners and runners up. Bannering, programme branding and commentary mentions are included within the sponsorship fee. The sponsor also nominates a person to present the Cup and the prizes at the presentations (most often wife of MD or Director). The Finals of each tournament are generally held on a Sunday, the day when most spectators are present, and the sponsor receives a souvenir photograph, which is subsequently printed in the club's Year Book and many of which appear in trade and consumer press.
Please contact Liz Higgins for more details of sponsorship packages available - email@example.com
- Let the environment of Cowdray Park work for your product with the subtle osmosis of client awareness.
- Take a day in your company name.
- The optimum time for this is the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup for the British Open Championships where you can entertain your guests with the very best international polo.
- Sponsor a polo field, emblazon the boards with your logo, set up banners around the pitch and have your ground referred to as your company name.
- There is a long term plan to build a new Club House at the Lawns complex and would be in a position to offer a company a leading role in the naming of this new venture.
- Ponies are the most important part of polo, and by presenting the 'Best Playing Pony' award at each final throughout the season, you can be linked with a high profile and popular award.
- Umpiring is a pretty thankless task, but a reward at the finals can always inspire and motivate. The sponsor of the umpire's prizes throughout the season would be hugely appreciated and recognised.
- Making a lasting impression at every game throughout the whole season can be achieved by sponsoring the goal judge's equipment of bright coats and safety helmets and flags. You will be noticed every time a player scores a goal!